Senior Scientist I, Myelination Research
Frequency Therapeutics (Nasdaq: FREQ) is a leader in the development of medicines designed to activate progenitor cells within the body to treat degenerative diseases. The company’s lead product candidate, FX-322, is a potential disease modifying therapy designed to regenerate damaged auditory hair cells to improve hearing function. In a Phase 1/2 study of FX-322, the company observed clinically meaningful improvement in key measures of hearing function in patients with sensorineural hearing loss, the most common form of hearing loss. A Phase 2a study is anticipated to begin in Q4 2019. The Frequency progenitor cell activation (PCA) approach stimulates progenitor cells to create functional tissue and the company is researching an array of additional degenerative diseases where PCA may be applied, including a discovery program in multiple sclerosis.
Frequency is investigating the process of remyelination, which is defective in patients with Multiple Sclerosis (MS). Specifically, therapeutics that can induce endogenous oligodendrocyte precursor cells to remyelinate the adult brain are being identified as potential drug development candidates.
As we continue to advance this exciting program, we are seeking a Senior Scientist I to develop and execute in vitro assays to support the remyelination program. Reporting to the Senior Director, MS, the Senior Scientist will advance the remyelination program with their intellectual contributions, experimental design, execution and data analysis. The scientist will build an in vitro team that contributes to regenerative medicine therapeutics in our growing organization.
- Design and optimize high throughput, high content phenotypic assays to discover new and characterize existing remyelinating therapeutics
- Build and lead a team capable of running in vitro assays
- Develop hypotheses and investigate mechanisms of remyelination
- Execute and analyze in vitro experiments effectively on rigorous timelines
- Contribute to ongoing internal lab and external collaboration projects performed by academic partners and CROs
- Draft and submit technical reports. Assist in drafting patents and manuscripts
- Assist in preparation of external communications and presentations
- Participate in evaluation of external technology that may be in-licensed to supplement the internal Frequency efforts
- PhD and 3-5 years or MS with 5-7 years of industry experience in Biology, Neuroscience, or related field
- Oligodendrocyte or glial biology, regenerative medicine or neurodegeneration expertise preferred
- Proven success in developing, executing and quantitating high throughput, high content phenotypic screens
- Expertise culturing and manipulating primary cells
- Knowledge of CRISPR methodologies preferred
- Experience leading a team of scientists in an industry lab setting
- Exceptional critical thinking, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and on cross-functional teams
- Flexibility, ability and commitment to manage multiple competing priorities while meeting expected deadlines
A fundamental belief held by the Frequency Therapeutics team is that we have the best chance to achieve our mission by bringing together our collective problem-solving and leadership skills into a single, collaborative front. We look for people who envelop competence and self-awareness, retain the courage to state thoughts, wants and needs, and have the ability to make good judgment calls and decisions. We want people who are undeterred by uncertainty, convert adversity into opportunity, and turn understanding into action while driving motivation for the team at large. Please visit www.frequencytx.com for more information.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package with opportunities to participate in groundbreaking technology.
Frequency Therapeutics is an EEO employer committed to an exciting, diverse, and enriching work environment.