Senior Research Associate, Myelination Research
Frequency Therapeutics (Nasdaq: FREQ) is a leader in the development of medicines designed to activate progenitor cells within the body to treat degenerative diseases. The company’s lead product candidate, FX-322, is a potential disease modifying therapy designed to regenerate damaged auditory hair cells to improve hearing function. In initial clinical studies of FX-322, the company observed meaningful improvements in key measures of hearing function in patients with sensorineural hearing loss, the most common form of hearing loss which impacts more than 90 percent of all people with hearing loss. The company recently completed enrollment of a Phase 2a study, with results to be shared in Q2 2021. Frequency’s progenitor cell activation (PCA) approach stimulates progenitor cells to create functional tissue and the Company is researching an array of additional degenerative diseases where PCA may be applied, including a pre-clinical program for remyelination in multiple sclerosis.
Frequency is investigating the process of remyelination, which is defective in patients with Multiple Sclerosis (MS). Specifically, therapeutics that can induce endogenous oligodendrocyte precursor cells to remyelinate the adult brain are being identified as potential drug development candidates.
As we continue to advance this exciting program, we are seeking a Senior Research Associate
to work with our Myelination Research team to support and execute experiments that assess the efficacy of potential remyelinating agents in vitro and in vivo. Reporting to the MS in vitro team lead, the associate will have an important role in moving the remyelination biology program forward with experimental execution and data analysis. This position will offer an excellent opportunity to contribute to regenerative medicine therapeutics in our growing organization.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Support high content in vitro phenotypic assays to discover new and characterize existing remyelinating therapeutics
- Culture and maintain primary cells in vitro
- Execute immunohistochemistry to support in vitro and in vivo experiments
- Perform biochemical assays, including ELISAs and Western Blots
- Execute and analyze in experiments effectively on rigorous timelines
- BS or MS with experience in Biology, Neuroscience, or related field
- Proven success in executing in vitro experiments
- Knowledge of microscopy and imaging methodologies preferred
- Prior experience working with CNS cell cultures preferred
- Experience supporting in vivo experiments and histological processing of tissue samples preferred
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and on cross-functional teams
- Flexibility, ability and commitment to manage multiple competing priorities while meeting expected deadlines
Working at Frequency
At Frequency Therapeutics, we believe that we have the best chance to achieve our mission by creating an environment where our collective problem-solving and leadership skills are put to work, so collaboratively, we can solve some of the most complex challenges in medicine. We are focused on developing new treatments to potentially help millions of patients with novel therapeutics. This requires both a willingness to be audacious in our pursuits and relentless in our focus and commitment to research and patients. We look for individuals who are both highly skilled and self-aware, who are willing to challenge leadership and their colleagues, are entrepreneurial by nature and who are undeterred by uncertainty.
Please visit www.frequencytx.comfor more information.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package. For consideration, please submit CV and cover letter.