Senior Research Associate, Analytical
Frequency Therapeutics (Nasdaq: FREQ) is a leader in the development of medicines designed to activate progenitor cells within the body to treat degenerative diseases. The company’s lead product candidate, FX-322, is a potential disease modifying therapy designed to regenerate damaged auditory hair cells to improve hearing function. In a Phase 1/2 study of FX-322, the company observed clinically meaningful improvement in key measures of hearing function in patients with sensorineural hearing loss, the most common form of hearing loss. A Phase 2a study is anticipated to begin in Q4 2019. The Frequency progenitor cell activation (PCA) approach stimulates progenitor cells to create functional tissue and the company is researching an array of additional degenerative diseases where PCA may be applied, including a discovery program in multiple sclerosis.
The Senior Research Associate, Pharmaceutical Development, is a laboratory-based position and reports to the Senior. Director, Pharmaceutical Development. The successful candidate will be part of a team contributing to the development of the company’s PCA technology platform and executing the company’s small-molecule combination strategy in a cross-functional team environment. The Research Associate’s laboratory expertise will be pivotal in the successful development of pharmaceutical products based on the company’s PCA platform. This position is a laboratory-based role with tremendous learning potential.
- Assisting project scientists in preparation and analysis of samples using high-pressure liquid chromatography (HPLC) and other analytical instruments
- Processing and interpreting analytical data and results
- Communication and presentation of data in a cross-functional setting
- Recording results in an electronic lab notebook
- Maintenance of the lab space in an organized manner
- Assisting in general housekeeping, ordering lab supplies and literature survey as needed
- Other responsibilities and tasks as assigned
- BA/BS in Biology, Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Physics or related field of study
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of experience in an industrial laboratory
- Skilled in HPLC; experience with dissolution is a plus
- Detail-oriented and organized with the ability to accept and follow instruction, and execute stepwise work plans in a reproducible manner
- Enthusiastic learner willing to learn and operate various analytical instruments as required
- Comfortable doing basic mathematical calculations required to prepare solutions and formulations, and perform data analysis
- Flexibility, ability and commitment to manage multiple competing priorities while meeting expected deadlines; willing to take initiative in pursuit of project and team goals
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-based environment as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
A fundamental belief held by the Frequency Therapeutics team is that we have the best chance to achieve our mission by bringing together our collective problem-solving and leadership skills into a single, collaborative front. We look for people who envelop competence and self-awareness, retain the courage to state thoughts, wants and needs, and have the ability to make good judgment calls and decisions. We want people who are undeterred by uncertainty, convert adversity into opportunity, and turn understanding into action while driving motivation for the team at large. Please visit www.frequencytx.com for more information.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package with opportunities to participate in groundbreaking technology.
Frequency Therapeutics is an EEO employer committed to an exciting, diverse, and enriching work environment.