Senior Director, Patient Advocacy & Government Affairs
Frequency Therapeutics (Nasdaq: FREQ) is a leader in the development of medicines designed to activate progenitor cells within the body to treat degenerative diseases. The company’s lead product candidate, FX-322, is a potential disease modifying therapy designed to regenerate damaged auditory hair cells to improve hearing function. In initial clinical studies of FX-322, the company observed meaningful improvements in key measures of hearing function in patients with sensorineural hearing loss, the most common form of hearing loss which impacts more than 90 percent of all people with hearing loss. The company recently completed enrollment of a Phase 2a study, with results to be shared in Q2 2021. Frequency’s progenitor cell activation (PCA) approach stimulates progenitor cells to create functional tissue and the Company is researching an array of additional degenerative diseases where PCA may be applied, including a pre-clinical program for remyelination in multiple sclerosis.
Our growing team is seeking a Senior Director, Patient Advocacy & Government Affairs to lead the development and implementation of strategic engagement and collaboration with patient advocacy organizations, external partners and key opinion leaders. Reporting to the SVP, Corporate Affairs, the senior director will be responsible for identifying, prioritizing and developing strategy for and executing critical projects to drive key objectives that address patient needs.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Partner with patient and patient advocacy groups, policy makers and other stakeholders to implement initiatives that will help advance Frequency’s patient-focused objectives.
- Work with key opinion leaders to support advocacy and policy engagement and to educate stakeholders regarding Frequency’s research, development and commercialization focus.
- Extend engagement with both advocacy organizations and professional associations, establishing and building alliances across areas of therapeutic focus.
- Advocate for policies that support the development of, and access to, regenerative medicines.
- Directly manage advocacy projects, programs and events, including internal and external coordination, funding, and communication; connect advocates to Frequency team members across functions to partner on key initiatives.
- Support ongoing development and execution of government affairs planning and strategy, and engagement with government agencies and regional business and policy organizations.
- Identify and engage key policy stakeholders and help manage interactions with decision makers and other healthcare stakeholders. Work directly with Frequency partners to support key initiatives.
- Help shape the Company’s influence on relevant policies, legislation and regulations. Advise the senior leadership team on potential impacts of existing and emerging policy on Frequency’s business and mission.
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate level degree preferred
- At least 12 years of pharmaceutical or biotech industry experience with direct responsibility for external advocacy and engagement
- Demonstrated history of successful patient advocacy engagement and impact
- Demonstrated understanding of health policy as it relates to drug development and commercialization, pricing, reimbursement and access
- Broad knowledge of the biopharma industry; working knowledge of drug development, HEOR, access and reimbursement, and commercialization
- Strong project management skills with the ability to independently drive projects forward, establish budgets and timeline
- Ability to solve conflicts or challenges in a timely manner, demonstrating sound judgement with minimal supervision
- Strong strategic planning skills – able to identify and prioritize critical projects to drive strategy and address patient needs
- Strong interpersonal skills – builds relationships by identifying common goals and engaging in a transparent, trust-building manner
- Collaborative – connects internal and external stakeholders, serving as a facilitator and integrator
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – articulates ideas in a clear manner which appropriately engages external stakeholders
- Position can be based either in Woburn, MA or Washington, DC
Working at Frequency
At Frequency Therapeutics, we believe that we have the best chance to achieve our mission by creating an environment where our collective problem-solving and leadership skills are put to work, so collaboratively, we can solve some of the most complex challenges in medicine. We are focused on developing new treatments to potentially help millions of patients with novel therapeutics. This requires both a willingness to be audacious in our pursuits and relentless in our focus and commitment to research and patients. We look for individuals who are both highly skilled and self-aware, who are willing to challenge leadership and their colleagues, are entrepreneurial by nature and who are undeterred by uncertainty.
Please visit www.frequencytx.comfor more information.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package. For consideration, please submit CV and cover letter.