Research Associate/ Senior Research Associate, Pharmaceutical Development
Frequency Therapeutics is a leader in the development of medicines designed to activate progenitor cells within the body to treat degenerative diseases. The Company’s progenitor cell activation (PCA) approach stimulates progenitor cells to create functional tissue with the aim of developing disease modifying therapies. The Company’s lead product candidate, FX-322, is designed to regenerate auditory hair cells to restore hearing function. FX-322 is being evaluated in multiple ongoing clinical studies in patients with sensorineural hearing loss. The Company also is evaluating additional diseases where its PCA approach could create functional tissue, including in a pre-clinical program in multiple sclerosis.
The Research Associate, Pharmaceutical Development, is a laboratory-based position with tremendous learning potential, including active involvement in project development discussions and exposure to related developmental disciplines, e.g., formulation, research, etc. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Pharmaceutical Development, and working in a cross-functional team environment, the successful candidate will take part in contributing to the development of the company’s PCA technology platform and executing the company’s goal of expanding our clinical pipeline of small-molecule therapeutics. This position will be pivotal in the successful development of pharmaceutical products based on the company’s PCA platform.
- Assist project scientists in preparation and analysis of samples using a diverse set of analytical instrumentation, such as HPLC, dissolution, Karl Fischer titrator, etc.
- Process and interpret analytical data and results
- Communication and presentation of data in a cross-functional team setting
- Record results in an electronic lab notebook
- Maintenance of the lab space in an organized manner
- Assist in general housekeeping, lab supply order and literature survey
- Additional lab projects and assignments as required
- BA/BS in Biology, Bio/Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Science, Physics or related field of study with 0 to 3 years of experience, or MS degree and 0 to 1 or more years of experience
- Previous experience with sample analysis in a professional or academic laboratory setting is a preferred.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-based environments
- Detail oriented with the ability to accept and follow instruction, and execute stepwise work plans in a reproducible manner
- Enthusiastic learner who will eventually operate various analytical instruments as required and develop analytical methods
- Experienced with basic mathematical calculations required to prepare solutions and samples, and perform data analysis
- Flexibility, ability and commitment to manage multiple competing priorities while meeting expected deadlines and willing to take initiative in pursuit of individual, project and team goals
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and organizational skills
Working at Frequency
At Frequency Therapeutics, we believe that we have the best chance to achieve our mission by creating an environment where our collective problem-solving and leadership skills are put to work, so collaboratively, we can solve some of the most complex challenges in medicine. We are focused on developing new treatments to potentially help millions of patients with novel therapeutics. This requires both a willingness to be audacious in our pursuits and relentless in our focus and commitment to research and patients. We look for individuals who are both highly skilled and self-aware, who are willing to challenge leadership and their colleagues, are entrepreneurial by nature and who are undeterred by uncertainty.
Please visit www.frequencytx.comfor more information.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package. For consideration, please submit CV and cover letter.