Associate Director, Project Management
Founded in 2015, Frequency Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on harnessing the body’s innate biology to repair or reverse damage caused by a broad range of degenerative diseases. Our approach, called Progenitor Cell Activation (PCA), uses combinations of small molecule drugs to activate progenitor cells within the body to create functional tissue. Frequency’s lead program, FX-322, is a potential first-in-class therapeutic candidate targeting hearing restoration. Other potential applications of our PCA platform include, but are not limited to, diseases of the CNS, muscle, gastrointestinal tract, skin, and bone. Frequency currently has a strategic development and commercialization agreement with Astellas Pharma, Inc. for the development of FX-322. To date, the Company has closed three rounds of funding, raising nearly $150 million.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Project and Portfolio Management, the Associate Director, Project Management is responsible for the overall timelines and deliverables of one or more drug development projects, as well as managing an interdisciplinary project team without direct reporting lines.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide the cross-functional project team with project management and drug development expertise and coach and mentor project team members in fulfilling their tasks efficiently
- Oversight of the respective functional sub-teams of the cross-functional project teams and support and direct the sub-team leads to achieve timely completion of their respective work packages
- Ensure proper identification and management of project risks and their report to the Frequency senior management team
- Establish and maintain a project plan (with meaningful timelines and check points, logical links between activities, internal/external resources, and assumptions) that depicts the activities in line with the approved development strategy and the input from the respective line functions
- Track and forecast tasks and project timelines and provide team with early warnings on possible variances
- Communicate significant variances to the Frequency senior management team
- Schedule project team meetings and develop meeting agendas. Lead project team meetings for routine operations, take minutes and ensure follow-up of action items from the minutes. Prepare presentations as needed.
- Support the program lead in defining the program strategy, stakeholder management and overall program leadership topics
A fundamental belief held by the Frequency Therapeutics team is that we have the best chance to achieve our mission by bringing together our collective problem-solving and leadership skills into a single, collaborative front. We look for people who envelop competence and self-awareness, retain the courage to state thoughts, wants and needs, and have the ability to make good judgment calls and decisions. We want people who are undeterred by uncertainty, convert adversity into opportunity, and turn understanding into action while driving motivation for the team at large.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package with opportunities to participate in groundbreaking technology. For consideration, please submit CV and cover letter.
- PhD in a scientific discipline with significant previous experience in the life sciences
- A minimum of 5 years of R&D and/or drug development in the pharmaceutical industry; with a strong preference for project management certification by a recognized project management organization (e.g. PMI, IPMA)
- Proven success working in cross-functional teams
- Strong scientific and cross-functional knowledge of the Drug Development Process
- Knowledge of and /or experience in project management, spreadsheet and database management software
- Excellent communicator with proven success in facilitation of groups
- A confident leader and influencer with experience in decision making and scenario thinking.
Apply for this position
Associate Director, Project Management