Founded in 2015, Frequency Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on harnessing the body’s innate biology to repair or reverse damage caused by a broad range of degenerative diseases. Our approach, called Progenitor Cell Activation (PCA), uses combinations of small molecule drugs to activate progenitor cells within the body to create functional tissue. Frequency’s lead program, FX-322, is a potential first-in-class therapeutic candidate targeting hearing restoration. Other potential applications of our PCA platform include, but are not limited to, diseases of the CNS, muscle, gastrointestinal tract, skin, and bone. Frequency currently has a strategic development and commercialization agreement with Astellas Pharma, Inc. for the development of FX-322. To date, the Company has closed three rounds of funding, raising nearly $150 million.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, we are seeking a motivated and hands-on Staff Accountant to support the accounting team in the monthly close process including reconciliations and journal entries. In addition the Staff Accountant will handle A/P and assisting various department-wide projects. This is a hands-on role for an experienced Staff Accountant, looking for work in a fast-paced, growing company.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Support the accounting team in monthly close process; reconcile balance sheet accounts and record adjusting journal entries
- Process Accounts Payable for the company
- Work with the team to prepare materials for quarterly audits
- Support the team in implementing Accounting system and other third-party tools to drive team efficiency
- Participate in various ongoing department projects
- Assist with annual internal control audit and tax engagements
- Assist in the creation and enforcement of accounting policies and procedures.
A fundamental belief held by the Frequency Therapeutics team is that we have the best chance to achieve our mission by bringing together our collective problem-solving and leadership skills into a single, collaborative front. We look for people who envelop competence and self-awareness, retain the courage to state thoughts, wants and needs, and have the ability to make good judgment calls and decisions. We want people who are undeterred by uncertainty, flip adversity into opportunity, and turn understanding into action while driving motivation for the team at large.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package with opportunities to participate in groundbreaking technology.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Accounting or Finance, CPA a plus
- 2-4 years of progressive and operational accounting experience in a fast growth company; previous experience in a bio-technology environment is strongly preferred
- Operationally comfortable with GAAP
- Experience with Concur a plus
- Highly detail oriented and organized, with an appreciation for the accuracy and form of deliverables
- A proactive communicator with professional written and verbal communications skills and the ability to operate successfully in a team.
Apply for this position