Frequency Therapeutics (Nasdaq: FREQ) is a leader in the development of medicines designed to activate progenitor cells within the body to treat degenerative diseases. The company’s lead product candidate, FX-322, is a potential disease modifying therapy designed to regenerate damaged auditory hair cells to improve hearing function. In a Phase 1/2 study of FX-322, the company observed clinically meaningful improvement in key measures of hearing function in patients with sensorineural hearing loss, the most common form of hearing loss. A Phase 2a study is anticipated to begin in Q4 2019. The Frequency progenitor cell activation (PCA) approach stimulates progenitor cells to create functional tissue and the company is researching an array of additional degenerative diseases where PCA may be applied, including a discovery program in multiple sclerosis.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, we are seeking a highly motivated Staff/Senior Accountant to support the accounting team in the monthly close process including reconciliations, journal entries in addition to contributing to department-wide projects. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with public company experience who is looking for a position where they can further develop their skills and grow in a fast-paced company.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Own certain monthly close processes and prepare month end journal entries and reconciliations partnering with the business where applicable
- Create and maintain process documentation and evidence to support the Sarbanes Oxley Section 404 compliance program
- Manage the payroll process and work closely with Human Resources to ensure timely and accurate changes to payroll using ADP Workforce Now
- Provide requested documentation and analysis to support the external audit
- Assist with internal reporting and variance analysis to Senior Management
- Support the optimization of the NetSuite accounting system and other third-party tools to drive team efficiency
- Participate in special projects, including system implementations, integrations and upgrades as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting, CPA a plus
- 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a public company environment
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP and SOX Section 404
- Highly detail-oriented and organized; accountable to immediate team and internal stakeholders
- Ability to handle multiple projects and related deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- A motivated self-starter with a continuous improvement mindset
- A proactive communicator with professional written and verbal communications skills and the ability to operate successfully in a team environment
- NetSuite experience strongly preferred
A fundamental belief held by the Frequency Therapeutics team is that we have the best chance to achieve our mission by bringing together our collective problem-solving and leadership skills into a single, collaborative front. We look for people who envelop competence and self-awareness, retain the courage to state thoughts, wants and needs, and have the ability to make good judgment calls and decisions. We want people who are undeterred by uncertainty, convert adversity into opportunity, and turn understanding into action while driving motivation for the team at large. Please visit www.frequencytx.com for more information.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package with opportunities to participate in groundbreaking technology.
Frequency Therapeutics is an EEO employer committed to an exciting, diverse, and enriching work environment.