Senior Research Associate, Formulations
Frequency Therapeutics is a leader in the development of medicines designed to activate progenitor cells within the body to treat degenerative diseases. The Company’s progenitor cell activation (PCA) approach stimulates progenitor cells to create functional tissue with the aim of developing disease modifying therapies. The Company’s lead product candidate, FX-322, is designed to regenerate auditory hair cells to restore hearing function. FX-322 is being evaluated in multiple ongoing clinical studies in patients with sensorineural hearing loss. The Company also is evaluating additional diseases where its PCA approach could create functional tissue, including in a pre-clinical program in multiple sclerosis.
The Senior Research Associate, Formulations, is a laboratory-based position with tremendous learning potential in the area of drug formulation development. Reporting to the Associate Director, Process Development, and working in a cross-functional team environment, the successful candidate will take part in contributing to the development of the company’s PCA technology platform and executing the company’s small-molecule combination strategy. This position will be pivotal in the successful development of pharmaceutical products based on the company’s PCA platform.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assist project scientists in activities supporting the development of new and current drug formulations.
- Carry out formulation development experiments and interpret data/results
- Communication and presentation of data in a cross-functional team setting
- Assist in maintaining a high quality laboratory environment and comply with Health, Safety and Environmental responsibilities
- Assist in general housekeeping, ordering of lab supplies/raw materials and literature survey
- Additional lab projects and assignments as required.
- BA/BS in Bio/Chem Engineering, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Science, Physics or related field of study with two or more years of experience, or MS degree and 1 or more years of experience
- Previous experience with formulation development activities in a professional or academic laboratory setting is a preferred.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-based environment as needed
- Detail oriented with the ability to accept and follow instruction, and execute stepwise work plans in a reproducible manner
- Enthusiastic learner who will eventually operate various instruments used in formulation research as required
- Experienced with basic mathematical calculations required to prepare solutions and samples, and perform data analysis
- Flexibility, ability and commitment to manage multiple competing priorities while meeting expected deadlines; willing to take initiative in pursuit of project and team goals
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
Working at Frequency
At Frequency Therapeutics, we believe that we have the best chance to achieve our mission by creating an environment where our collective problem-solving and leadership skills are put to work, so collaboratively, we can solve some of the most complex challenges in medicine. We are focused on developing new treatments to potentially help millions of patients with novel therapeutics. This requires both a willingness to be audacious in our pursuits and relentless in our focus and commitment to research and patients. We look for individuals who are both highly skilled and self-aware, who are willing to challenge leadership and their colleagues, are entrepreneurial by nature and who are undeterred by uncertainty.
Please visit www.frequencytx.comfor more information.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package. For consideration, please submit CV and cover letter.