Frequency Therapeutics (Nasdaq: FREQ) is a leader in the development of medicines designed to activate progenitor cells within the body to treat degenerative diseases. The company’s lead product candidate, FX-322, is a potential disease modifying therapy designed to regenerate damaged auditory hair cells to improve hearing function. In initial clinical studies of FX-322, the company observed meaningful improvements in key measures of hearing function in patients with sensorineural hearing loss, the most common form of hearing loss which impacts more than 90 percent of all people with hearing loss. The company recently completed enrollment of a Phase 2a study, with results to be shared in Q2 2021. Frequency’s progenitor cell activation (PCA) approach stimulates progenitor cells to create functional tissue and the Company is researching an array of additional degenerative diseases where PCA may be applied, including a pre-clinical program for remyelination in multiple sclerosis.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, we are seeking a motivated and hands-on Senior Accountant to support the accounting team in the monthly close process including reconciliations and journal entries in addition to assisting with various department-wide projects. This is a hands-on role for an experienced Senior Accountant, looking for work in a fast-paced, growing company. This role offers the opportunity to play an integral part of the creation of the Company’s controls, policies, and procedures and educate all members of the business as we become compliant with SOX 404 in 2021.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Own certain monthly close processes and prepare month end journal entries and reconciliations, partnering with the business where applicable
- Create and maintain process documentation and evidence to support the Sarbanes Oxley Section 404 compliance requirements
- Work with the team to provide requested documentation and analysis to support the external audit and quarterly reviews
- Support the optimization of NetSuite, a well as other accounting systems and third-party tools, to drive team efficiency
- Participate in various ongoing department projects, including systems implementations, integrations, and upgrades as needed
- Assist in the creation and enforcement of accounting policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting or Finance, CPA a plus
- 2-4 years of progressive and operational accounting experience in a fast growth company; previous experience in a public company environment is strongly preferred
- Operationally comfortable with GAAP
- Knowledge of SOX Section 404
- Highly detail oriented and organized, with an appreciation for the accuracy and form of deliverables; accountable to immediate team and internal stakeholders
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- A proactive communicator with professional written and verbal communications skills and the ability to operate successfully in a team environment
- Motivated self-starter with a continuous improvement mindset
- NetSuite experience strongly preferred
Working at Frequency
At Frequency Therapeutics, we believe that we have the best chance to achieve our mission by creating an environment where our collective problem-solving and leadership skills are put to work, so collaboratively, we can solve some of the most complex challenges in medicine. We are focused on developing new treatments to potentially help millions of patients with novel therapeutics. This requires both a willingness to be audacious in our pursuits and relentless in our focus and commitment to research and patients. We look for individuals who are both highly skilled and self-aware, who are willing to challenge leadership and their colleagues, are entrepreneurial by nature and who are undeterred by uncertainty.
Please visit www.frequencytx.comfor more information.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package. For consideration, please submit CV and cover letter.