Frequency Therapeutics (Nasdaq: FREQ) is a leader in the development of medicines designed to activate progenitor cells within the body to treat degenerative diseases. The company’s lead product candidate, FX-322, is a potential disease modifying therapy designed to regenerate damaged auditory hair cells to improve hearing function. In initial clinical studies of FX-322, the company observed meaningful improvements in key measures of hearing function in patients with sensorineural hearing loss, the most common form of hearing loss which impacts more than 90 percent of all people with hearing loss. The company recently completed enrollment of a Phase 2a study, with results to be shared in Q2 2021. Frequency’s progenitor cell activation (PCA) approach stimulates progenitor cells to create functional tissue and the Company is researching an array of additional degenerative diseases where PCA may be applied, including a pre-clinical program for remyelination in multiple sclerosis.
Frequency Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Scientist I/II, Histology, to join the hearing research biology team. The Scientist I/II, reports to the Senior Scientist, Pharmacology, and will have a major role in our company’s histology, ear anatomy, and molecular biology efforts. The ideal candidate is experienced in the hearing field and skilled in microdissection.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Execute day-to-day microdissection, immunohistochemistry, confocal imaging, and data analysis
- Order histology lab supplies and maintain the histology lab equipment
- Contribute to the design, execution, and troubleshooting of experiments related to ear histology
- Work in our collaborative team environment, while communicating with a broader research team
- Maintain and implement good laboratory practices, while keeping accurate records; prepare SOPs, reports, publications
- MS or Ph.D. in Biology or related field
- 2 or more years’ experience in industry
- Demonstrated experience and interest in histology and confocal imaging; experience in hearing biology and physicology strongly preferred
- Skilled in microdissection
- Experience in molecular biology
- Ability to interpret experimental data and form recommendations
- Understanding of project priorities and deadlines, and able to problem solve and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Professional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Working at Frequency
At Frequency Therapeutics, we believe that we have the best chance to achieve our mission by creating an environment where our collective problem-solving and leadership skills are put to work, so collaboratively, we can solve some of the most complex challenges in medicine. We are focused on developing new treatments to potentially help millions of patients with novel therapeutics. This requires both a willingness to be audacious in our pursuits and relentless in our focus and commitment to research and patients. We look for individuals who are both highly skilled and self-aware, who are willing to challenge leadership and their colleagues, are entrepreneurial by nature and who are undeterred by uncertainty.
Please visit www.frequencytx.comfor more information.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package. For consideration, please submit CV and cover letter.