Frequency Therapeutics (Nasdaq: FREQ) is a leader in the development of medicines designed to activate progenitor cells within the body to treat degenerative diseases. The company’s lead product candidate, FX-322, is a potential disease modifying therapy designed to regenerate damaged auditory hair cells to improve hearing function. In initial clinical studies of FX-322, the company observed meaningful improvements in key measures of hearing function in patients with sensorineural hearing loss, the most common form of hearing loss which impacts more than 90 percent of all people with hearing loss. The company recently completed enrollment of a Phase 2a study, with results to be shared in Q2 2021. Frequency’s progenitor cell activation (PCA) approach stimulates progenitor cells to create functional tissue and the Company is researching an array of additional degenerative diseases where PCA may be applied, including a pre-clinical program for remyelination in multiple sclerosis.
Frequency Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Scientist I/II to join the hearing research biology team. This is a bench scientist position with a role dedicated to designing and executing quantitative cell-based experiments to identify molecules of interest. The successful candidate must have experience working within a research lab environment to thrive in this fast-paced and goal-oriented team environment.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Design and execute low-throughput experiments using combinations of small molecules in flow and/or imaging assay formats and perform data analysis
- Document, compile, and interpret experimental data; manage laboratory notebook and database to capture data in a meaningful manner
- Provide compound management support (compound solubilizations, serial dilutions)
- Interact and collaborate with team members to contribute to discovery and development program progression
- BS or MS in Biology or related scientific field with >5 years of experience in Pharma/Biotech
- Willingness to work with primary animal tissue and perform micro dissections
- Proficient in vitro tissue culture techniques
- Experience with cellular functional assays, such as 3D cellular proliferation assays, cytoxicity assays, etc.
- Proficiency in flow cytometry and data analysis
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and GraphPad Prism
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated excellence and productivity in independent research
- Ability to work and problem-solve independently and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, data handling, and recording skills
- ELN experience preferred, not required
Working at Frequency
At Frequency Therapeutics, we believe that we have the best chance to achieve our mission by creating an environment where our collective problem-solving and leadership skills are put to work, so collaboratively, we can solve some of the most complex challenges in medicine. We are focused on developing new treatments to potentially help millions of patients with novel therapeutics. This requires both a willingness to be audacious in our pursuits and relentless in our focus and commitment to research and patients. We look for individuals who are both highly skilled and self-aware, who are willing to challenge leadership and their colleagues, are entrepreneurial by nature and who are undeterred by uncertainty.
Please visit www.frequencytx.comfor more information.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package. For consideration, please submit CV and cover letter.