Manager, IT Operations
Frequency Therapeutics (Nasdaq: FREQ) is a leader in the development of medicines designed to activate progenitor cells within the body to treat degenerative diseases. The company’s lead product candidate, FX-322, is a potential disease modifying therapy designed to regenerate damaged auditory hair cells to improve hearing function. In a Phase 1/2 study of FX-322, the company observed clinically meaningful improvement in key measures of hearing function in patients with sensorineural hearing loss, the most common form of hearing loss. A Phase 2a study is anticipated to begin in Q4 2019. The Frequency progenitor cell activation (PCA) approach stimulates progenitor cells to create functional tissue and the company is researching an array of additional degenerative diseases where PCA may be applied, including a discovery program in multiple sclerosis.
Our team is growing, and we are seeking an experienced hands-on Manager, IT Operations to work closely with employees on the full breadth of information technology tactics and strategies. Reporting to the VP, Information Technology, the Manager will have the opportunity to be involved in projects across the organization and have immediate influence on all things IT. This high impact and high visibility role is suitable for an IT professional with a minimum of 8 years’ experience, including 3 or more in a fast-paced bio-tech company.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Partner with employees on a wide variety of IT projects, issues and strategy implementations
- Design, configure, deploy, maintain and support the company’s infrastructure including but not limited to AADDS, SSO, Azure, AWS, O365
- Provides hands-on support to employees on a wide variety of day-to-day issues
- Partner with scientific team to understand technical needs and to develop an appropriate laboratory infrastructure
- Oversee contract IT vendor, provide feedback and identify opportunities for improvement
- Lead IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services
- Help to define and implement IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes
- Assess vendors and develop test strategies for new hardware and software
- Maintain system documentation and configuration data for operating, regulatory, and audit purposes
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to internal IT
- Participate in a variety of IT special projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 3 years’ (minimum) experience in the Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical industry.
- 8+ years of experience working in IT operations with demonstrated experience leading a very hands on IT function in a small but, rapidly growing company
- Experience leading and managing IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies
- Exceptional working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, phone and video conferencing systems
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage and prioritize shifting priorities
- A customer service orientation with the ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Solid understanding of IT infrastructure and operations best practices
- Demonstrated success supporting Computer System Validation
- Demonstrated experience with tech-centric Organizational Change Management
- Knowledge of current CFR 21 Part 11, GDPR and other applicable regulations and authoritative guidance
- SSO AD and Cloud application integration, support, and maintenance
A fundamental belief held by the Frequency Therapeutics team is that we have the best chance to achieve our mission by bringing together our collective problem-solving and leadership skills into a single, collaborative front. We look for people who envelop competence and self-awareness, retain the courage to state thoughts, wants and needs, and have the ability to make good judgment calls and decisions. We want people who are undeterred by uncertainty, convert adversity into opportunity, and turn understanding into action while driving motivation for the team at large. Please visit www.frequencytx.com for more information.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package with opportunities to participate in groundbreaking technology.
Frequency Therapeutics is an EEO employer committed to an exciting, diverse, and enriching work environment.