Founded in 2015, Frequency Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on harnessing the body’s innate biology to repair or reverse damage caused by a broad range of degenerative diseases. Our approach, called Progenitor Cell Activation (PCA), uses combinations of small molecule drugs to activate progenitor cells within the body to create functional tissue. Frequency’s lead program, FX-322, is a potential first-in-class therapeutic candidate targeting hearing restoration. Other potential applications of our PCA platform include, but are not limited to, diseases of the CNS, muscle, gastrointestinal tract, skin, and bone. Frequency currently has a strategic development and commercialization agreement with Astellas Pharma, Inc. for the development of FX-322. To date, the Company has closed three rounds of funding, raising nearly $150 million.
Reporting to the VP of Biology and Regenerative Medicine, the Director, Biology will lead the hearing research program on a day to day operational basis. This position will require working from our lab in Farmington, Connecticut, a minimum of 2-3 days per week.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Leadership role in advancing the hearing biology program including data analysis and interpretation, experimental planning, and program prioritization.
- Supervise a team of biologists in the execution of the program.
- Direct daily lab operations of Frequency’s Hearing Program in Farmington, CT.
- Draft and submit technical reports.
- Assist in drafting patents and manuscripts.
- Manage staff workload for skill and time optimization.
- External collaboration management; ensure collaborators and internal staff members have necessary information and materials. Coordinate preparation and workflow across groups.
- Assist in preparation of external communications and presentations.
A fundamental belief held by the Frequency Therapeutics team is that we have the best chance to achieve our mission by bringing together our collective problem-solving and leadership skills into a single, collaborative front. We look for people who envelop competence and self-awareness, retain the courage to state thoughts, wants and needs, and have the ability to make good judgment calls and decisions. We want people who are undeterred by uncertainty, convert adversity into opportunity, and turn understanding into action while driving motivation for the team at large.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package with opportunities to participate in groundbreaking technology.
- PhD in Biology, Hearing Science, Neuroscience, or related field.
- 5+ years post PhD experience in Regenerative research or Hearing research
- Molecular Biology and Hearing or Neuroscience or Physiology experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and project management skills
- Proven success as a manager in an industry lab setting
- Strong track record of leading a team of bench scientists that can execute with aggressive timelines, while maintaining the highest of quality
- Highly experienced in the development and management of projects, track goals, timelines and budgets
Apply for this position