Frequency Therapeutics (Nasdaq: FREQ) is a leader in the development of medicines designed to activate progenitor cells within the body to treat degenerative diseases. The company’s lead product candidate, FX-322, is a potential disease modifying therapy designed to regenerate damaged auditory hair cells to improve hearing function. In initial clinical studies of FX-322, the company observed meaningful improvements in key measures of hearing function in patients with sensorineural hearing loss, the most common form of hearing loss which impacts more than 90 percent of all people with hearing loss. The company recently completed enrollment of a Phase 2a study, with results to be shared in Q2 2021. Frequency’s progenitor cell activation (PCA) approach stimulates progenitor cells to create functional tissue and the Company is researching an array of additional degenerative diseases where PCA may be applied, including a pre-clinical program for remyelination in multiple sclerosis.
Reporting to the Director, Bioinformatics, the Data Scientist, will work closely with the computational biology team, and cross functionally with our scientific teams, to help decipher drug activity on progenitor cells and to characterize cellular development and maturation. These findings will contribute to our programs in hearing, multiple sclerosis, and diabetes. We seek candidates with experience analyzing genomics, epigenetics, and transcriptomic datasets such as nCounter NanoString, RNA-Seq, single cell RNA-Seq, ATAC-Seq, and ChIP-Seq.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Set-up and maintain the high performance computing environment on AWS
- Build pipelines and perform processing, quality control check, and statistically analysis of -omics data sets, such as RNA-Seq, single cell RNA-Seq, ATAC-Seq, ChIP-Seq and nCounter NanoString
- Create data visualization from those analysis and translate data into biological insights, present and discuss results in project team meetings
- Develop novel computational algorithms and build mathmatical models to solve various problems during the drug development process
- Master’s Degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Life Sciences or Mathematic sand bioinformatics related work experience of 3 years, or, a PhD with 1 year of experience
- Extensive experience with linux operating system, specially in the AWS cloud environment
- Familiarity with R and relevant statistical packages and experience with at least one scripting language (Shell script, Python, MATLAB etc.) is required
- Experience with standard bulk RNA-seq and single cell RNA-seq tools
- Working knowledge of statistics
- Broad knowledge of molecular biology or developmental biology
- Expertise in scientific data analysis complemented by visualization and presentation skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, with demonstrated leadership among peers and teammates to meet critical deadlines
- A proactive communicator with professional written and verbal communications skills and the ability to operate successfully both independently and within a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment
Working at Frequency
At Frequency Therapeutics, we believe that we have the best chance to achieve our mission by creating an environment where our collective problem-solving and leadership skills are put to work, so collaboratively, we can solve some of the most complex challenges in medicine. We are focused on developing new treatments to potentially help millions of patients with novel therapeutics. This requires both a willingness to be audacious in our pursuits and relentless in our focus and commitment to research and patients. We look for individuals who are both highly skilled and self-aware, who are willing to challenge leadership and their colleagues, are entrepreneurial by nature and who are undeterred by uncertainty.
Please visit www.frequencytx.comfor more information.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package. For consideration, please submit CV and cover letter.