Frequency Therapeutics (Nasdaq: FREQ) is a leader in the development of medicines designed to activate progenitor cells within the body to treat degenerative diseases. The company’s lead product candidate, FX-322, is a potential disease modifying therapy designed to regenerate damaged auditory hair cells to improve hearing function. In initial clinical studies of FX-322, the company observed meaningful improvements in key measures of hearing function in patients with sensorineural hearing loss, the most common form of hearing loss which impacts more than 90 percent of all people with hearing loss. The company recently completed enrollment of a Phase 2a study, with results to be shared in Q2 2021. Frequency’s progenitor cell activation (PCA) approach stimulates progenitor cells to create functional tissue and the Company is researching an array of additional degenerative diseases where PCA may be applied, including a pre-clinical program for remyelination in multiple sclerosis.
Our team is growing, and we are seeking a Corporate Counsel to manage a wide range of responsibilities to include supporting the company’s pre-clinical, clinical, business development, technical operations, and research and development groups. The attorney will also assist in supporting additional business activities, such as SEC filings, business development activities, intellectual property and corporate governance matters.
The qualified attorney will work cross-functionally with internal departments and external resources as required on legal issues, support and identify opportunities to advance the pipeline, proactively identify legal risks, engage appropriate key stakeholders around risk awareness and mitigation and provide support to help ensure actions/outcomes are aligned. This involves close collaboration with the internal business teams to ensure an understanding of their needs and to foster a trusted partnership around legal matters.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Provide high quality, timely and practical legal advice and support, identify and resolve critical legal and business issues arising from various transactions within pre-clinical, clinical, business development and research and development.
- Lead the negotiation and drafting of a wide range of agreements
- Develop and present materials on relevant laws and legal/business issues
- Assist with the company’s SEC filings
- Support securities offerings, financings and other significant transactions as they arise
- Support the Head of Intellectual Property as needed
- Play a key role in building and driving a culture of compliance throughout the organization
- Perform other tasks and assignments as needed and specified by senior leadership
- J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school and admission to at least one state bar
- A combination of at least 5-7 years large law firm and/or bio/pharma company experience
- Significant transactional experience primarily drafting and negotiating a wide range of agreements, including licensing agreements, collaboration agreements, materials transfer, clinical trial and sponsored research agreements
- Strong, pragmatic business acumen with the ability to anticipate and estimate risks strategically, be adaptable and flexible in his approach to successfully manage conflicting priorities while meeting scheduled deadlines, and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic and high energy environment
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Self-motivaed with a strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent productivity, organizational and time management abilities
Working at Frequency
At Frequency Therapeutics, we believe that we have the best chance to achieve our mission by creating an environment where our collective problem-solving and leadership skills are put to work, so collaboratively, we can solve some of the most complex challenges in medicine. We are focused on developing new treatments to potentially help millions of patients with novel therapeutics. This requires both a willingness to be audacious in our pursuits and relentless in our focus and commitment to research and patients. We look for individuals who are both highly skilled and self-aware, who are willing to challenge leadership and their colleagues, are entrepreneurial by nature and who are undeterred by uncertainty.
Please visit www.frequencytx.comfor more information.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package. For consideration, please submit CV and cover letter.