Frequency Therapeutics (Nasdaq: FREQ) is a leader in the development of medicines designed to activate progenitor cells within the body to treat degenerative diseases. The company’s lead product candidate, FX-322, is a potential disease modifying therapy designed to regenerate damaged auditory hair cells to improve hearing function. In a Phase 1/2 study of FX-322, the company observed clinically meaningful improvement in key measures of hearing function in patients with sensorineural hearing loss, the most common form of hearing loss. A Phase 2a study is anticipated to begin in Q4 2019. The Frequency progenitor cell activation (PCA) approach stimulates progenitor cells to create functional tissue and the company is researching an array of additional degenerative diseases where PCA may be applied, including a discovery program in multiple sclerosis.
Frequency Therapeutics is growing, and we are seeking a highly motivated, experienced and detail-oriented Controller to join our Finance teaam. Reporting to the VP Finance, the Controller will be responsible for all accounting activities, external reporting and further developing the accounting team. As this is a highly visible role, the ideal candidate must have demonstrated success in building, improving, optimizing and scaling business processes across the organization. In addition, they will inspire excitement and results in others and have the confidence and credibility to partner with all levels of the organization.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for all day-to-day accounting activities, including hands on responsibility for technical accounting, audit, tax, and statutory reporting, treasury
- Lead the preparation of the financial reporting aspects of Forms 10-K and 10-Q.
- Manage the SEC filing process ensuring all filings are completed timely and accurately while working closely with teams across the company in accounting, legal, human resources and product development
- Prepare the monthly consolidated financial statements including balance sheet, income statement, statement of stockholders’ equity and cash flows, as well as related footnote disclosures
- Support audit process, including interfacing with auditors, to ensure a transparent and complete audit outcome
- Ensure accounting policies and practices comply with US GAAP and company controls
- Perform period end reviews to ensure accurate and complete financial records
- Support FP&A budgeting and analyses, including review of actual versus plan to understand key business drivers and support managerial decision making
- Act as the company interface to outside vendor who manages the full cycle of stock plan administration, maintains the corporate capitalization table, and supports investor communications
- Administers the hosted ERP system (NetSuite), and related systems, to achieve continual improvements in process and efficiency
- Builds relationships cross-functionally to foster collaboration both inside and outside of finance and accounting
- Manage accounting staff and build team consistent with company growth
- Assist in other areas relevant to financial reporting and technical accounting as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with 7 to 12 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated understanding of accounting principles, including US GAAP, and the ability to apply them to new and existing transactions, CPA strongly preferred
- Audit experience at a Big 4, or other nationally recognized accounting firm preferred
- Startup or small company experience preferred
- Financial systems experience including NetSuite or comparable accounting system
- Demonstrated financial and business acumen
- Proven ability to produce timely and accurate results within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to diagnose and resolve problems with minimal direction.
- Ability to innovate and use technology to improve processes and performance.
- Desire for continuous improvement and challenging the status quo
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high attention to detail, and organizational skills
A fundamental belief held by the Frequency Therapeutics team is that we have the best chance to achieve our mission by bringing together our collective problem-solving and leadership skills into a single, collaborative front. We look for people who envelop competence and self-awareness, retain the courage to state thoughts, wants and needs, and have the ability to make good judgment calls and decisions. We want people who are undeterred by uncertainty, convert adversity into opportunity, and turn understanding into action while driving motivation for the team at large.
The Company is currently located in Woburn, Massachusetts with plans to move to Lexington, Massachusetts at the end of 2020.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package with opportunities to participate in groundbreaking technology.
Apply for this position