Frequency Therapeutics (Nasdaq: FREQ) is a leader in the development of medicines designed to activate progenitor cells within the body to treat degenerative diseases. The company’s lead product candidate, FX-322, is a potential disease modifying therapy designed to regenerate damaged auditory hair cells to improve hearing function. In a Phase 1/2 study of FX-322, the company observed clinically meaningful improvement in key measures of hearing function in patients with sensorineural hearing loss, the most common form of hearing loss. A Phase 2a study is anticipated to begin in Q4 2019. The Frequency progenitor cell activation (PCA) approach stimulates progenitor cells to create functional tissue and the company is researching an array of additional degenerative diseases where PCA may be applied, including a discovery program in multiple sclerosis.
Reporting to the Chief Scientific Office, the Computational Biologist, will work closely with the biology team to help decipher drug activity on progenitor cells and to characterize cellular development and maturation. These findings will contribute to our programs in hearing, multiple sclerosis, and diabetes. We seek candidates with experience analyzing genomics, epigenetics, and transcriptomic datasets such as nCounter NanoString, RNA-Seq, single cell RNA-Seq, ATAC-Seq, and ChIP-Seq.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Collaborate with biologists to answer critical questions using sequencing datasets
- Analyze internal and external data sets to generate and test hypotheses about biological mechanisms of action
- Process, normalize, quality control check, and statistically analyze sequencing data sets, such as nCounter NanoString, RNA-Seq, single cell RNA-Seq, ATAC-Seq, and ChIP-Seq
- Translate data into biological insights, present and discuss results in project team meetings, and plan new experiments with biologists
- Develop bioinformatic algorithms and automated pipelines for NGS data analysis and graphical representation.
- Master’s Degree in Biology, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science or a life science, mathematics or technology field of study related to FMI’s work with 3 years’ experience, or, a PhD with 1 year of experience
- Familiarity with R and relevant statistical package and experience with at least one scripting language (Python, MATLAB etc.) is required
- Experienced with standard single cell RNA-Seq tools such as Cell Ranger, SmartSeq2 pipeline and Seurat
- Broad knowledge of molecular biology or developmental biology
- Expertise in scientific data analysis complemented by visualization and presentation skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, with demonstrated leadership among peers and teammates to meet critical deadlines
- A proactive communicator with professional written and verbal communications skills and the ability to operate successfully both independently and within a dynamic, multi-disciplinary envrionment.
A fundamental belief held by the Frequency Therapeutics team is that we have the best chance to achieve our mission by bringing together our collective problem-solving and leadership skills into a single, collaborative front. We look for people who envelop competence and self-awareness, retain the courage to state thoughts, wants and needs, and have the ability to make good judgment calls and decisions. We want people who are undeterred by uncertainty, flip adversity into opportunity, and turn understanding into action while driving motivation for the team at large.
Apply for this position