Frequency Therapeutics (Nasdaq: FREQ) is a leader in the development of medicines designed to activate progenitor cells within the body to treat degenerative diseases. The company’s lead product candidate, FX-322, is a potential disease modifying therapy designed to regenerate damaged auditory hair cells to improve hearing function. In a Phase 1/2 study of FX-322, the company observed clinically meaningful improvement in key measures of hearing function in patients with sensorineural hearing loss, the most common form of hearing loss. A Phase 2a study is anticipated to begin in Q4 2019. The Frequency progenitor cell activation (PCA) approach stimulates progenitor cells to create functional tissue and the company is researching an array of additional degenerative diseases where PCA may be applied, including a discovery program in multiple sclerosis.
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Manager will manage the accounting functions of the company and is responsible for ensuring appropriate accounting policy and handling the day-to-day management of transactions and accounting-related systems.
- Manage the monthly and quarterly close processes, including review of account reconciliations, journal entries and accruals to ensure a timely and accurate financial close
- Establish and maintain alignment across key functional areas including research & development, legal, business development, and investor relations/corporate communications, to ensure appropriate input affecting the financial close process
- Work with the Controller to ensure data management structure enables timely and accurate management reporting and analysis
- Assist with drafting and tie-out of SEC filings, including Forms 10-Q, 10-K, proxy and other filings
- Participate in the annual budget and forecast process including departmental coordination and review
- Drive continuous improvements in process with a focus on efficiency and effectiveness, while leveraging key systems
- Support the external audit firm in their annual audit and quarterly reviews
- Supervise an Accountant and A/P Clerk; oversee semi-monthly payroll
- Manage the fixed asset register
- Coordinate preparation of annual tax returns
- Process employee expense reports
- Other ad hoc projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent n Accounting
- 5+ years accounting experience, including at least two years of managerial responsibility and complete finance department area knowledge
- Broad knowledge of GAAP and SOX compliance requirements
- Highly detail oriented and organized with a customer service orientation
- Ability to interact with and build productive working relationships across all organizational levels and departments
- Professional written and verbal communications skills and the ability to self-motivate and operate independently with minimal supervision
- Enthusiastic and can-do attitude to handle many day-to-day transactions in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
A fundamental belief held by the Frequency Therapeutics team is that we have the best chance to achieve our mission by bringing together our collective problem-solving and leadership skills into a single, collaborative front. We look for people who envelop competence and self-awareness, retain the courage to state thoughts, wants and needs, and have the ability to make good judgment calls and decisions. We want people who are undeterred by uncertainty, convert adversity into opportunity, and turn understanding into action while driving motivation for the team at large. Please visit www.frequencytx.com for more information.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package with opportunities to participate in groundbreaking technology.
Frequency Therapeutics is an EEO employer committed to an exciting, diverse, and enriching work environment.